Primary School Short Film Competition
To submit a valid entry, please do the following:
- Submit on behalf of a student(s) of a registered Victorian Primary School.
- Agree to the Competition Terms and Conditions.
- Print out a copy of the Competition Terms and Conditions and have them signed by the parent/guardian of the student(s).
- Complete the online Entry Form, including uploading a copy of the signed Competition Terms and Conditions for each entrant.
Entries will be received in the following categories:
- Category 1 (Prep - Grade 1)
- Category 2 (Grade 2 - Grade 4)
- Category 3 (Grade 5 - Grade 6)
Terms and conditions
Entrants may submit multiple entries, as long as each film differs significantly from any others submitted by that entrant.
Films must be made specifically for the competition and be no longer than 5 minutes (including credits).
Films can be made in any genre, including fiction, a documentary, community-service announcement or music clip and can be animated, live-action, funny or serious.
All entries must be submitted online via the Cultural Diversity Week website.
Where there is an identifiable person in a video submitted, the entrant is responsible for obtaining a signed Talent Release to provide to the Victorian Multicultural Commission if requested. (A Talent Release means a release signed by or on behalf of any person identifiable in the film).
Competition submissions are now open and will close Thursday 28 February 2019.
Film making tips and resources
Free and easy-to-use video editing applications:
- Windows Movie Maker(desktop program for PC and Mac)
- Movavi(desktop program PC and Mac, and mobile app for Android and iPhone
- Adobe Premier Clip(free mobile app for Android and iPhone)
- Adobe Premier Pro(free 7-day trial, a subscription-based desktop program for PC and Mac)
Video file type:
Remember to export videos as .MP4 or .MOV files, so that the VMC can share the films in various formats to promote student’s work.
Important – When uploading the video file, please ensure the file name matches the name of the entrant(s) and title of the film.
E.g. – Miri_Johnson_My_Family_Story